C Programming Language Version | C Language
- C developed by Dennis Ritchie in1973 at Bell Labs, and used to re-implements the Unix operating systems.
- It has sine become one of the most widely used programming language of all time, with C compilers from various vendors available for the majority of existing computer architectures and operating systems.
- C has been standardized by the American National Standards Institute Since 1989 and subsequently by the International Organization for Standardization.
- K&R refers to the book “The C Programming Language” written by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, which is often referred to as the “K&R” book. The book is a seminal text on the C programming language, and is widely regarded as one of the best programming books ever written.
- The K&R book was first published in 1978, shortly after the release of the first version of the C language. It quickly became a best-seller and a standard reference for C programmers.
- The book covers the basics of the C language, including data types, operators, control structures, functions, pointers, and arrays. It also includes a section on the standard library functions, and provides many examples and exercises to help readers learn the language.
- One of the strengths of the K&R book is its concise and clear writing style. The authors explain complex concepts in a simple and accessible way, and provide many code examples to illustrate their points. The book also includes many tips and tricks for writing efficient and elegant C code.