Features of C Language
- Mid-level Programming Language
- Structured Programming Language
- Rich Library
- Memory Management
- Bitwise Operators
- C is a simple language in the sense that it provides structured approach, the rich set of library functions, data types, etc.
- The introductory syntax style of enforcing C language is veritably simple and easy to learn.
- C is generally used as an introductory language to introduce programming to academy scholars because of this point.
- C language is portability. To simply, C programs can be executed on different machines with some machine specific changes.
- C is a machine independent language
- C is a portable language, which means that it can be used on different platforms and operating systems. This is because C is a low-level language that can directly interact with the computer hardware.
Mid-level Programming Language
- As it’s amid-level programming language so it has the combined form of both capabilities of assembly language and features of the high- position language. That’s why it’s known asmid-level language.
- C allows direct manipulation of tackle, which grandly- position programming languages don’t offer.
Structured Programming Language
- C is structured programming language in the sense that we can break the program into corridor using functions. it’s easy to understand and modify.
- Rich library is a diversified language whit a rich set of erected in drivers which are used in writing complex or simplified C programs.
- C provides a more inbuilt function that make the development presto.
- C comes with a standard library that provides many useful functions and tools for developers. This includes functions for input/output, string manipulation, memory allocation, and more.
- C is a extensible programming language because it can fluently borrow new features.
- You can fluently extend a C program. This means that if a law is formerly written, you can add new features to it with a many differences.
- C we can call the function within the function. It provides law reusability for every function.
- Recursion enables us to use the approach of countermanding
- C supports recursive functions, which are functions that call themselves. This allows for more elegant and efficient code, especially when working with data structures like trees and linked lists.
- C provides the point of pointers. We can directly interact with the memory by using the pointer.
- C pointers you can operate with memory, arrays, functions, and structures.
- C programming language as the been middle position language provides programmers access to direct manipulation with the computer tackle but advanced position languages don’t allow this.
- The compendium and prosecution time of C language is fast since there are lower inbuilt functions and hence the lower outflow.
- It support the point of dynamic memory allocation. In C language we can free the allocated memory at any time by calling the free function.
- C supports modularity, which means that code can be divided into smaller, more manageable pieces called modules. This makes it easier to develop large software systems and also makes code easier to read and maintain.
- C supports bitwise operators, which are used to manipulate individual bits in a byte. This makes C very powerful for tasks like encryption and compression.
- C supports pointers, which are variables that store memory addresses. This makes it possible to manipulate data directly in memory, making C very powerful and efficient.
Also Read: History of C language